Making an Impact
My Coffee Farm firmly believes that with ownership comes responsibility, and we trust that this principle is important to you as well.
Your participation goes far beyond the wonderful feeling you’ll get from drinking and sharing your own coffee harvest. Through your ownership, you will also positively impact Providencia de Dota, a small rural community that borders La Chica Estate in several critical ways.
- When you purchase your trees, My Coffee Farm will donate, in your name, a desperately needed textbook to students attending the local school. This reflects the belief that education is the greatest force for empowerment and change.
- We have set up a program that allows you to directly contribute funds to address the needs of Providencia de Dota if you choose to do so.
- If you decide to visit La Chica Estate, you will transcend the abstraction of the internet as you meet the residents of Providencia de Dota and provide an important economic boost to the community.
- Workers on your farm are paid above the prevailing wage (40% greater) and are offered free housing, free utilities, bonuses, paid vacation, retirement plans and health care. This provides workers with the respect, dignity and independence they deserve.
- Your purchase will increase the demand for the farm’s product, setting the stage for future hiring. As new job openings are created, the relatives of existing workers are given priority consideration. This works to solidify the families and economy of the region.